Maintaining a regular schedule for your blog posts is important for SEO, so we thought it was time for a refresher post on How to Schedule Blog Posts in WordPress. Although it can be hard to keep a steady stream of fresh content going, you can put WordPress to work for you to help alleviate some of the stress.
It’s important to have weekly posts so that the search engines come back to your site on a regular basis. If you do not have any new content, they will not come back as often. Unfortunately, it’s still on you when it comes to content creation, but there is an easy way for you to schedule blog posts in advance. So, if you are suddenly struck with a slew of captivating ideas and manage to pound out a few golden blog posts in advance, you don’t have to remember to post them every week.
Follow the steps below to schedule your posts for a specific day and time and save yourself oodles of time:
- Navigate to the Dashboard in the back-end of your WordPress website.
- Under All Posts, select Add New to create your post.
- Write your post.
- Locate the Publish box in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Edit to the right of Status icon and select either Draft or Pending Review option.
- Select Save Draft if you selected Draft or select Save as Pending if you selected Pending Review. DO NOT SELECT PUBLISH! If you do, your information will be live on the website.
- If at this point you are happy with your post, select Publish Immediately to choose the date and time of your publication.
NOTE: WordPress uses military time. For example, 3:00 p.m. would be 15:00.
- Select the OK button. The Publish Immediately text should change to Schedule For with the date and time you selected.
- Select Schedule to confirm your selection.
Once you have scheduled all of your posts, breath a sigh of relief and try to remain diligent once you are ahead because it is always nice to have a few posts on hand for a hectic day later on.
If you are interested in learning more about our brand new blog post optimization services, drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 954-237-1269.
Was this post helpful to you? Let us know.