One important facet of SEO is image optimization. The plugin EWWW Image Optimizer makes image optimization easy. If your images are too large, this could impact your page load time which is an important factor to consider when it comes to SEO. For those of you who use WordPress, there is a fantastic plugin that can help you to optimize your images with ease – EWWW Image Optimizer.
To install this plugin, simply:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for EWWW Image Optimizer
- Select Install
- Activate Plugin
EWWW Image Optimizer uses lossless image optimization techniques, so you don’t lose any image quality during the optimization process which is good news. The plugin uses special algorithms to allow for maximum compression and minimal loss of quality. And, since EWWW offloads all optimization to designated servers the plugin will work on any hosting platform you may be using.
EWWW offers many other great benefits including:
- Lossless image optimization. EWWW Image Optimizer uses lossless image optimization techniques, so you don’t lose any image quality during the optimization process which is good news. The plugin uses special algorithms to allow for maximum compression and minimal loss of quality.
- Faster page load time. Have you ever tried to load a page with a picture that just seems to crawl when loading? That’s because those images are not optimized. Smaller image sizes load much faster. Faster page load time means more people stay on your site and more revenue.You can easily check your page load time using www.pingdom.com/tools. All you need to do is copy your page URL into the test website box and select test.
- Faster backups. Smaller image sizes also means your backup will run so much faster too. It really does make a big difference.
- Uses less bandwidth. Optimizing your images could also save you tons of KB per image which reduces the amount of bandwidth needed. This is tied to faster load time too.
- Super fast. The plugin can run on your own server so you don’t have to wait for a third party server.
- Best JPG optimization using TinyJPG integration with an API subscription.
- Better PNG optimization using pngout, optipng, and pngquant together with the plugin.
- No root access needed. Precompiled binaries are available for your to install directly in your WordPress folder. Note: use EWWW Image Optimizer Cloud if you aren’t able to run binaries locally.
- Optimize everything. Using the wp_image_editor class extension, you can optimize any image at any time.
There are a lot of moving parts in SEO. Image optimization is key to reducing page load time which is extremely important. EWWW Image Optimizer is an excellent tool to help ensure all of your images are properly optimized. Our founder and CEO, Sandra Templeton, has created an excellent video to help explain how to use some of this plugin’s key.