How Are Content Marketing and Link Building Different?
Content Marketing and Link Building are not one and the same. In fact, content marketing and link building are two very different marketing strategies. Content marketing is the #marketing and business process of creating and distributing high value content to attract, acquire, and engage a specific target audience. The content is intended to drive profitable interactions between the business and the target audience. On the other hand, link building in SEO terms is the process of exchanging links with other websites to help improve your own site’s backlinks. It helps to build the #credibility you need to rank higher in SEO.
Both strategies can help to benefit the other, but that doesn’t mean content marketing and link building are one and the same. Whichever strategy is used depends on the current business needs. Is your business easy to find? If not, you may need to focus on boosting your SEO first or you waste time and money on high value content that may never be seen. Are your conversion rates low despite ranking fairly high when it comes to SEO? If so, you may find content marketing campaigns to be advantageous.
Let’s look at a brief overview of the advantages and disadvantages of content marketing versus link building.
Content Marketing (#Pros):
- Engages your target audience
- Builds audience trust and increases your authority as a subject matter expert.
- Increases the conversion rate of paying customers if done successfully.
Content Marketing (#Cons):
- You can not guarantee that your content will be visible.
- Costs time and money because it requires a tremendous amount of collaborative research and work to create successful content.
Link Building (#Pros):
- Boosts #SEO rankings and can help to increase visibility.
- Drives targeted traffic to your website.
- Builds your credibility.
- Helps with brand awareness.
Link Building (#Cons):
- Difficult and a lot of hard work to be successful.
- Does not effectively build audience engagement.
- Constantly changing environment.
For more on the differences between content marketing and link building, see: http://bit.ly/ 1u0w9Du
If you need help determining the best strategy for your next campaign, you are looking to rebrand effectively, or simply need a little more guidance with the direction of your site, schedule your first website strategy session with Design Diva Creations at: